- Have students get in groups of 2.
- Give one of partners a pack of 8 dominoes and the other a shape diagram of rectangles (dominoes) in a random pattern. Only the person without the dominoes should see the pattern.
- Have the partners sit back to back on the floor or the one with the dominoes at a table and the other in a chair back to back. The one with the diagram instructs the other on placing the dominoes to match the diagram.
- The one with the dominoes cannot speak.
- Give them 2 minutes to attempt to complete the task.
- Switch roles, get a new pattern and do the exercise again, this time the person with the dominoes is allowed to speak. 2 min. usually successful.