- In groups students write a dialogue pertaining to a topic.
- The focus of the dialogue should highlight and extend understanding of the main idea of the topic.
- Students should use assigned vocabulary.
- All students need to write their own copies.
- When completed with writing all students participate in the oral presentation.
This is a discussion strategy that is done in groups of four. With a few minor adaptations, it would work in most content areas.
This strategy is designed to help students link prior knowledge to their new learning at the end of the unit. For this strategy to work, the instruction must introduce new knowledge, perhaps offer a different perspective or challenge students to think deeply for understanding.
about the blog
One strategy a week in one sentence.