Discussion Mystery Envelopes
- Prepare a set of questions for the group to share. Sample question: What is the single most important word in this chapter? Why? What is the central theme of this passage/chapter/book? Why did we read this book? What value hold for the modern reader?
- Hand each group a “mystery envelope” with the set of questions.
- Taking turns, each group member pulls a question from the envelope and reads it to the group.
- Each member in the group has an opportunity to answer the question from their perspective using evidence from the text to support their response.
- Each group will share their group responses with the entire class.
EXAMPLE doc (edit version)